Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thin Scarves!

I remembered, I really did! I remembered to post a creative and crafty idea today. (:
If you missed my last post, I discussed the idea of having Wednesdays be the day for DIYs and other creative ideas.


The Project...

I've wanted to share this knitted scarf idea for awhile. 
I made it quite some time ago but I don't think I wrote down the exact instructions on how to knit it! :-O  
Or if I did... I got rid of it, thinking I wasn't going to post it. 

Luckily I do remember a round about way. 

Here it a piece of the scarf (it's quite long):


Details about this scarf:

The yarn that I used is quite thin.  
If you click the picture, it should make it larger so that you can see what I mean. 

It is approx. 70 inches long.  
The fringe is 10 inches long.
Cast on 5 or 6 stitches (this number may vary; see what you like best)

The Knitted Pattern:

I'm pretty positive I didn't do the stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row)
because the style is different. 

I am pretty sure I only used the garter stitch (just a simple knit stitch)

Knit 4 rows as you would normally
On your 5th row, try and knit this one loosely.  
I remember this stitch being loose and I pulled up a bit on it
to try and get that 'gap' you see between each couple of lines in the picture. 

I used a size 9 knitting needle.

One great youtube tutorial on each stitch, is by The Knit Witch.
Super easy to follow along!

Again, I do apologize for not remembering the exact pattern. 
Since you know that it's all with the garter stitch, be creative! :)


Good luck and have fun!


Cindy



No comments: