Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mixing Colors with Nail Polish!

Earlier this week, I sat down to paint my finger nails and as I was choosing the colors that I wanted, I wondered something...
...what if I mixed a couple of colors to create a swirled look.

I didn't end up doing a swirl but I did come up with a really pretty orange metallic color. 


The picture above are the nail polishs that I used.  The one in the middle is the mixed color; I painted
the color right on the bottle but it's picking up most of the pink that was originally in the bottle;
I didn't clean it all out.  Silly me. 

Click below to read more.


The color on the left is JulieG's 'Oh Em Gee' which is my favorite at the moment.
In person it's such a BRIGHT PINK! I LOVE it! :]

The other color is Pure Ice's 'Excuse Me', a shimmery bright yellow.
This one really helps give the color I made a metallic feel. 


How I Mixed...

I started out with a bit of each color on a paper plate and I dropped a little water beside each other.
Like, I took a straw, put it in a water cup and dabbed it a couple of times onto the plate so that it created 
a little water bubble. :)

Then I mixed, using a brush from an EMPTY nail polish bottle.  (I cleaned it using nail polish remover.)

Now keep in mind that didn't mix the color the color thoroughly;
I still wanted to try a swirl effect but liked the outcome a bit better. 


The Nails...


This picture is of my right hand and I WISH it picked up the color true to form.
Since I didn't mix the color perfectly on the plate, some nails came out lighter
than others and I loved it. You can kind of get a hint of two-tones on the thumb nail.




On my left hand, I actually did a few coats, so it came out like a dark orange color.
I put the extra coats mainly because I was fixing mistakes. :)


I'm definitely going to try this whole mixing colors thing again
and I hope you give it a try, too! 


Have fun and good luck. (: (:


Cindy

No comments: