Friday, October 7, 2011

Castle sketch and a few favorite art items...

Cinderella castle sketch from my sketch book.

I thought I'd do a post on my favorite art supplies/art whatevers I've had for the past month or so.  Here we go!


  • This is a book that I had talked about in my favorite books to inspire series.  Sometimes I need a little inspiration and this book helps.  Great book to keep ideas moving. 

Watercolor tubes
  • I've wanted to try watercolor painting again lately and recently I went to the store and bought tubes of watercolor.  I've never actually used tubes before, and I was pleasently surprised.  Totally reccommend.

Glass beads and the design board
 
  • When you go into the craft or bead section of a store, if you happen to find the glass beads, pick them up and make a beautiful necklace, or bracelet.  Of course, if you like the look.  I have been loving these lately.  If you don't like the look, just make something with it and it give out as a gift for someone who will like it.  Seriously.  I'll have to make a seperate post for the ones I did make.
  • The design board you see in the picture is a platform where you can figure out how many beads are needed in the necklace/bracelet/anklet and for you to figure on a design.

Happy creating!!

"I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful" -Unknown

Smile!(:
-Cindy

 
(The "Imagineering Workbook" and watercolor tubes images are from Amazon.com.)

1 comment:

Kristina Clemens said...

Wow! This inspires me...I'm truly horrible at drawing, so seeing other people work their amazing skills is awesome! =)
Kristina J.