Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Books to inspire! series, Up first: "The Imagineering Workout"

Books?  As in the same books you had to get for a class in college, but you ended up barely using it?  Yep, except better.

I have found a few books that has helped inspire me into creating something.  In this 3 book series spread out into 3 days (hopefully!), I will show you my favorites. 

First up for today..


The Imagineering Workout
-Exercises to Shape Your Creative Muscles-
By: The Disney Imagineers

If my teachers assigned this book, I would have brought it everywhere.
inside of the book
If you don't know already, I am a HUGE Disney fan.  I bought this book when I went down to Disney World last fall and I am so glad I did.  The book is funny, filled with exercises, and makes you WANT to get going with your inspirations. 

Pretty much if you are having a creative block, I suggest this book to you.  You'll want to keep a pen/pencil handy because I am sure you will be jotting down notes in the margin, or underlining, like whoa

One section in this book really spoke to me.  It is the 'Dream and Do!' section on page 12 (I should have taken a picture of it..oops).  It helps you THINK like an imagineer and really makes you say 'what am I doing just sitting here?!'

Anywho, if you are feeling uninspired, get this book.  I bought this book at a store in Disney World.. I can't remember which store, unfortuately, but usually most stores there have similar things in each store (but I love it!!).

Look! I found it on amazon:
The Imagineering Workout

How amazing would this be?
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dine-with-an-imagineer/

I don't know about you, but I would love to be a Disney Imagineer. Whoa now.

Do you have any books that inspire you??  Let us all know down below!! ( : 

Thank you for reading.  Now go on out there with a smile on your face and do what you love!




*all opinions are my own, of course.*

No comments: