Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sunset on Vacation: Stippling Technique




I like summer time.  I also love color.  So, in this piece I wanted to illustrate both in one.  Using the Pigma Micron pens, which are my new favorite.  As you can probably tell, this illustration is made almost entirely out of little tiny dots.  The only parts that have no dots is the coconut on the palm tree, and the yellow part of the sun.  I felt it was best to change up certain areas, more eye catching that way.  

Stippling is a technique that is intriguing to me because it takes time to place all your dots down, but it's pretty amazing that you can get a picture just out of little tiny dots!  

I'd like to thank those who clicked into this art blog.  I hope to give others ideas on their future art projects and to share my own projects to get myself comfortable with showing my work.  


No comments: