Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: Pigma Micron Pens

These are my new favorite pens...!!  If you are an artist who enjoys using pens to sketch, dot, write, whichever... I suggest these babies. 

 



If you click on the above image, an enlarged image should pop up (thanks, blogger!) and you will see that each pen has a number on them.  (i.e. 01.. 05.. 08) I actually bought these pens not knowing anything about them.  Kind of silly on my part, but I was looking for pens to use for this project that I was going to start and these caught my eye sitting on the shelf in the art store.  


The numbers on the side of the pen coincides with the point of the pen.  In the first image to the left, these are the four numbers which I ended up getting. 
  


The line thickness doesn't seem like a huge difference (specifically with the 3 smaller ones), but if you're stippling, you will notice a difference right off the bat, which ends up working to your advantage because it'll help you create more dimension in the artwork.

These pens also do not smudge often on you.  If it ever does, this is when you run your hand over the mark AS SOON AS you make the mark and even if this happens, work it in to the piece.  One thing I noticed right away with these pens is that the colors are very vibrant and -so far- does not fade.  I'm working on a piece that will show you what I mean.  I'm thinking it'll be up within the week *fingers crossed*!

I bought these by the pen, but little did I know you can buy them buy pack (and cheaper, I'll add).  I only bought the colors that I needed, but if you find a package full of these pens, I recommend you get it. 

I'm sure if you do a little bit of hunting, you'll be able to find deals left and right.  If I find any, I'l be sure to link in this post.

Pigma Micron Pen Set - Multi Color
Sakura Pigma Micron Pen Set, 6-Pack, Black Ink


I'm almost finished working on a piece with just these pens, which I will post when I am finished.
If you are even more intrigued about these pens, here is the official website where you check read more about them: http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/Pen-Archival 


Have you tried these pens already?  How do you like them?
Thank you for reading! (:




disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.  All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

Ester said...

nice review! thanks for sharing your opinion :)