Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sketchbook Therapy.

One of my goals is to sketch daily in my sketchbook.  Now this might not sound too exciting, right?  It sounds easy.  I mean, you just take out the book and draw.

I don't know why but I always have a problem getting into this unless I have an idea for a project and I need to just get something down to picture it better, which isn't a daily thing.

Sketching every day is almost like writing in a journal.  Whether it is about something that happened throughout the day or just on your mind.  Or you can even just draw and find out what comes out of it.  Normally I don't do this, though.

my sketchbook.

I love fairytales.  I love disney.  Naturally, it would be on my mind and naturally I would draw it.  The proportions are off a bit and it could use work but the thing about sketchbooks is that it's a first draft.  The basis for the sketch is a girl at a ball.  Of course I would want to draw this.  Very Cinderella-like.  I ended up sketching her about to curtsy (because curtsying is classic) as she spots the Prince when he enters.  I started to sketch a silhouette of him to the right side but left it unfinished.  

It's only a start of something that may or may not be finished.  Each week I will push myself to post a page of my sketchbook here.  

I've always wanted to paint something similar to this.  It has always been in my mind so maybe I'll finally get the inspiration to do it. 



Cindy



No comments: