Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project #1: Zebra Print Messenger Bag.


The Zebra Print Messenger Bag.

As far as sewing goes, I'm not very experienced in that department.  Besides this, I made a small holder for my Flip camera, but that was very, very simple.  For this project, I purchased a kit from WalMart that had directions and the fabric all together.  I loved the fabric, a suede zebra print and white-fleece type fabric.  So, I decided I would give it a whirl.  I love bags. 

I actually am quite proud of myself.  I'm not the greatest person to cut a straight line (trust me on this), but I did this all by my self.  Of course, I did ask my mother a few questions on what she thought I should do, sewing wise, as she works it well.  Very well.  

Here is the final outcome:


Close up of fabric


How it sits while wearing.  I am 5'1 and a half.

The pictures aren't the greatest as all three were taken quickly from my blackberry.  
This bag is currently being used to carry around my sketch book and other supplies.  So far so good! (:  I've saved the directions on how to make this, so maybe... possibly if I find fabric that I think would make a nice bag, I'll make another one.   Have a great day!

No comments: