Tuesday, October 2, 2012

say what? // Art Edition.


Well, I have come here to tell you.... I fail as an artist. 

How did I not know that the Guggenheim has 5 different locations? and is international?
New York, Venice, Bilbao, Berlin, Abu Dhabi..  

Seriously, The Guggenheim is one of the most recognizable museums and I didn't even know it was international.  Well, I may have heard about Venice.  It does sounds familiar. 

I do have yet to visit the Guggenheim.  I'll start out with New York first. When?  Who knows but I will tell you ...this may come across super touristy and you readers from NYC are probably muttering 'tourist' at me but I want to visit in December.  Spend time at the Guggenheim.. go see the giant Christmas tree... Fun!  ...just on a nice day ...no snow.  Hmm.. I may have just gotten an artsy idea. 

I was just on their website (Guggenheim, that is...) and it looks like the next exhibition in the New York location is Picasso Black and White! 
That would be wonderful to see in person, I am sure.  If you will be at that exhibition, let me know!!  Contact info is to the right. 
Lately, this museum has caught my attention because of it's beautiful architecture.  Whoa, it's like a piece of art in it's self.

image courtesy of http://www.guggenheim.org/new-york/visit


Maybe I should have been a curator. Hm.



Cindy




Just wanted to share my durrr moments with all of you in this series.  
Mine as well put it on the interwebz.



No comments: