Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WIP: Monochromatic and Mixed Media Painting.

I've wanted to do something like this for awhile now, and I just recently started a new painting so it seems like the perfect time to start my WIP (works in progress) posts.  As I go through working on this project, I'll take you along, ask for advice, and we shall see what else!

 For awhile I wanted to incorporate glitter into a painting.  This will probably end up being a more abstract piece but I like where it's going so far.

The glitter seems to be sticking pretty well.  Before I painted the glitter on, I totally spilled the container all over my desk.  Klutzy moment (story of my life, haha).

I definitely want to keep my brush strokes visible.  I feel like those add character to a painting.

I'm not too sure what I'm going to do now to it as a whole but I know how I'm going to paint the canvas sides.  Of course, I know how I'm going to finish it but how to get there?  I'm still working on it.

In the mean time, this is what I have so far.  I'll be back with an update.   Who knows when that'll be. :)  

Any ideas, comments or concerns? Leave them in a comment below or feel free to tweet me (@cindydesigns).













stay creative.
-Cindy


I'm adding this picture just because I thought it was a cool shot. 

No comments: