Monday, March 19, 2012

Why so intimidating, freelance?

I've done research on freelance.  I've googled what you need to do first, to freelance.  So why does freelance sound so scary and intimidating?

I mean, you can be your own boss and make your own hours. The hurdle you just have to jump first is getting your name out there.  Sounds easy, right?  Maybe it is, but scary.  
I don't know if you have read designlovefest's post on how those girls recently answered what made them go freelance.  It's a great read, if you want to check it out.  Gives you some insight how other people have done it, one keeping a full time job and freelancing on the side and the other freelancing as a whole.
Maybe in the future when the opportunity arises, I may take baby steps into it. 
Are you a freelancer? Do you have any sort of advice for me and anyone else thinking about going into it? 

No comments: