Monday, April 23, 2012

Zero Regrets: A book (...and a way of life?)

I like to read.  Most of the books I tend to read are fictional stories that are set in some alternate universe.  Or the UK, like Harry Potter.

Recently I decided to buy this book "Zero Regrets" from Amazon a couple of weeks ago.  I was surprising myself.  I don't usually read books about a certain individual, especially about an athlete.  I did play a little softball when I was a kid and I was pretty good at it, but I'm an artist. By no means an athlete.  My softball days are long gone.

I'm at that time of my life where I NEED to work hard and show what I can do.  This book was meant to reach my hands. (as cheesy as that sounds.)




"Zero Regrets" is a book by that Olympic speed skater Apolo Ohno.  I'm sure you've heard of him a bit.  I love hearing about other people being being positive and working hard to get to where they want to be.  I want to be like that.  Even though I'm not too into sports, I do tend to watch the Olympics.  Usually the winter olympics, which is odd because I dislike snow/ice/cold weather so much.

This book has inspired me.  I read it this weekend and I pretty much have been inspired to work hard at what I want to accomplish.  Just apply it to what you want to do.  Exactly what I needed to read.  You get a little insight into his life and the craziness that it is, also.  He's only a few years older than me, but I look up to him quite a bit for what he's accomplished.

Like I said before.. I'm no athlete, I'm just an artist.

So.. true. 

In case you don't want to tilt your head to read the above page, here is one insert that I simply love:

"Passion is caring for something, loving something, dedicating a portion of yourself, your mind, your heart, and your soul-- because you're passionate about it. 

Passion is the spark for everything.  By itself, passion is never enough.  Just like talent is never enough. But it's your fire starter. 

Without passion, you won't do something 100 percent.  That's the bottom line.  

And what's the point if you're not doing it 100 percent?"


Yes, I read this book from cover to cover.  I totally recommend if you need that little bit of inspiration.




stay creative.
-Cindy


p.s. i realize this book came out a couple of years ago.  i usually am late to the party. haha! :)




No comments: